The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Cal Poly Humboldt has a strong sense of community, and the donors who help support our efforts are an important part of that community.

To ensure students continue receiving the highest-quality education possible, we recommend four key areas where donors can make the greatest impact:

  • Travel Grants to Attend Professional Meetings, which are important avenues through which our majors are exposed to cutting-edge research in the fields of Physics and Astronomy. Meetings also provide opportunities for students to present their research, engage in networking, and participate in professional development activities. Examples of meetings attended by our students include those administered by the American Physical Society (APS), American Astronomical Society (AAS), the Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP), and the National Conference for Undergraduate Research (NCUR).
  • Student research, which is a valuable experience for students pursuing competitive jobs and post-graduate programs. There are several ways, such as covering travel and equipment expenses, in which donors can help.
  • Scholarships, which, based on need or a combination of other criteria, support students with financial resources to pursue their dreams.
  • Community-building events, which are extremely valuable for promoting a sense of belonging among our majors (especially first-generation students and those from traditionally underrepresented groups in STEM). Examples include pizza parties, student award ceremonies, and the annual graduation dinner. 

With your support in these key areas, our students will have the experiences they need to learn, grow, and help create a more scientifically literate  future for our planet.

Whether it is special learning opportunities like professional develpoment training, community engagement, access to new technologies, labs, or improved facilities, donors like you have the power to enrich the student experience at Cal Poly Humboldt.

To learn more about giving call (707) 826-5200.